Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Psalm 2 - Chemistry

Today started out good, and then, after reading through a chapter in my chemistry book and looking over my homework assignment and understanding NOTHING, I suddenly felt completely overwhelmed and discouraged and frustrated. Chemistry is the most difficult class I have ever taken. Not only is it the hardest, but it is one of the most important for me to do well in. My first exam went very badly. My grade is NOT where I want and need it to be. Horrible horrible horrible. After a long morning of struggling with chemistry material I finally got back to my room ready to collapse into complete misery. I grabbed my journal and my Bible, which was open to Psalms, and crawled into bed. I started writing and after a few sentences I glanced up at my Bible. I started reading. I read the passage and as I read replacement words came to mind and I was suddenly filled with encouragement and amusement. This is what God told me in Psalm 2 today.

*Before reading my fabulous version, you will probably want to refresh your memory on the real Psalm 2, just so that mine is all the more amusing.

Psalm 2

1. Why does chemistry conspire and the chemists plot in vain?
2. The equations of the book take their stand and the laws gather together against the Lord and against his Anointed One, Holly.
3. "Let us break her spirit," they say, "and discourage her so she will fail."
4. The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.
5. Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
6. "I have installed my Princess in the University of Washington Chem 142 class, my holy hill.
7. I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my daughter, today I have become your Father.
8. Ask of me, and I will make chemistry submit to your brain, the equations and laws your tools.
9. You will rule them with an iron scepter, you will dash them to pieces like pottery."
10. Therefore, chemistry, be wise; be warned, you gas laws and equations.
11. Serve the Holly with fear and rejoice with trembling.
12. Be kind to Holly, lest she be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for her wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed is that which makes itself clear and understandable for Holly.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates